In the manufacturing industry, the use of CNC machines has become dominant. It promises improved processing and quality results. It also holds the key for a fast, accurate and cost-efficient operation – it helps minimize expense as it cuts costs on paying workers that serve the same function as the machines.
In terms of benefits, there are 5 main industries that are benefiting from this innovation. Industries such as:
- Automotive – As the demand for finer, better, and fast car roofs up, automotive industries have adopted CNC machines to produce vehicles’ gearboxes and improve the quality of the parts they produce through ensuring that each shaft is precise and the sizes are accurate. Due to the machine’s reputation of producing quality products efficiently, other industries involving transportation – both land and water vehicles – have employed CNC machines for their manufacturing operations in order to produce vehicles that are fitting to the demands of the market.
- Aerospace – The Aerospace industry holds strict standards, especially for safety regulations and all included in this industry must strictly comply for the benefit of both vehicle and passenger. The parts used on these vehicles should be highly accurate and consistent to the required standards of these components. Oftentimes, there will be a need for customized (and complex) aeronautical parts, the CNC machines are reputed for its ability to curate complex, durable, and lightweight parts made from aluminum, plastic, nickel, and/or titanium that are highly resistant to damage. These parts should be within the tolerance proximity of around +0.0001” or should strictly be with HIGHLY TIGHT TOLERANCES to guarantee that these are compliant with the industry standards. This is crucial as vehicles used in the aerospace industry are prone to deal with fast air currents and extreme air pressure.
Examples of parts produced by CNC machines for the Aerospace industry are:
- Fuel Bodies
- Landing Gear
- Bearing houses
- High Tolerance Spacers
- Radio-frequency Suppression Materials
- Hydraulic Manifolds
- Electronic Connectors
A slight inaccuracy to these parts could mean disaster as it would be subjected to drag and tear on the vehicle and could cause accidents, which is why CNC machines are integral in the process of producing these parts due to their accuracy.
- Construction – CNC machines are now a preferred means to produce the needed materials by this industry since they allow the creation of customizable designs and are able to utilize materials that are polymers, steel, or cast iron for creating the designs but are at the same time compliant to the safety standards of the Construction industry. These machines are capable of creating parts that perfectly fit each other and eliminates the need to redo the work done – easy and convenient.
- Medical and Optical – Industries such as Medical and Optical industries have one thing in common – both require precise parts for the development of their products. For the optical industry, eyeglass’ parts – such as lenses underwent various tests prior to the products’ release. Adapting CNC machines in their operation allows the industry to save time and effort as testing of products would be made easier and if there is a need to revise the design, it would be easier to implement.
For the medical industry, objects needed should be accurate and precise to the specific measurement required. Mistakes could mean disaster as it could result in medical accidents.
An example of the parts/objects produced by CNC machines for the Optical and Medical Industries are:
- Spectacle Glass
- Orthotic Devices
- Artificial Joints
- Research Equipment
- MRI Machines
- Medical Screws
- Medical Rods and Implants
- Medical Instruments
- Insulin Pumps
- Surgical Implants
- Ventilator Parts
- Electrical Parts/Devices for Monitoring
With correct measurement, proper dosage would be given as prescribed by the physician. It is also important to highlight that the objects/devices used by the medical industry are mostly disposable – thus, the need to produce products in high volume and fast-paced. Also, there would be items for the medical industry that require customization to fit the needs of the patient.
- Commercial – High demand would equate to high volume production. For the commercial industry, repeatability is needed. At the same time, items produced should guarantee and affordability for it to compete in the market. The decision to opt for CNC machining helps the companies cut back on production costs. CNC machines enable the creation of quality products in high volume – plus, it can work with a variety of materials. If there is any need to modify the design of a product, its system allows CAD prototyping, modeling, and 3D graphics to revise flaws rapidly. If variations are needed, implementation would be quicker and easier.
There are more industries that benefit from CNC machines, however, the five stated above are the most common. Flexible, Accurate, Precise, and Cost-Efficient – CNC machines are surely the innovation that will help your organization gain more profit and save both time & effort. Proudly boasting membership to the Machinery Dealers National Association, Tramar Industries is the clear choice for CNC machines of all types. If you’re in need of a CNC machine, browse our extensive inventory of used CNC machines and contact Tramar Industries today!