A CNC (computer numerical control) machine is a machine tool that is controlled by a coded program with instructions to cut and move material. There are many types of CNC Machines, such as milling machines, lathes, routers, grinders, lasers, waterjet cutters and sheet metal stamping machines. With the variety of CNC Machines, it’s easy to be oblivious to what the top quality machine brands are. In no particular order, here are some of the top CNC Machine brands in the world.
- DMG Mori – The name DMG Mori stands for the partnership between two of the world’s leading machine tool manufacturers: DMG MORI AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT, Bielefeld, Germany, and DMG MORI COMPANY LIMITED, Tokyo, Japan. DMG Mori is a reputed manufacturer when it comes to the world of machines. DMG Mori produces high-quality lathes which can be worthwhile investments, as well as offering round-the-clock customer service.
- Mazak – Mazak CNC machines are considered top quality for their solid construction and engineering. Mazak has been one of the leading names in the machine tool industry for nearly a century, and their CNC machines are easily operated due to its simplified features. No matter what your machining needs, there’s a good chance that there’s a used Mazak that will be a good fit for your application. Being one of the reputed manufacturers on the market, they are widely known for the production of different kinds of powerful tools.
- Doosan – Acquiring Daewoo Machine Tools back in 2005, Doosan is one of the leading CNC manufacturers in the world. As one of the world’s largest suppliers of sophisticated CNC equipment, with manufacturing plants in the U.S. and Korea, Doosan Machine Tools ships more than 8,000 CNC machines around the world each year. One of the major advantages of Doosan’s machinery is durability and long-lasting functionality.
- Okuma – Based in Ōguchi, Aichi Prefecture, Japan, Okuma has a global market share in CNC machine tools such as CNC lathes, machining centers, and turn-mill machining centers. Okuma has been a brand name in the manufacturing sector for almost a century and the largest distribution network in America. It is the single provider of CNC machines, encoders, drives, and many more. The most beneficial aspect is the Okuma App store. This app store is more or less similar to the iOS app store. However, it provides applications for different Okuma CNC machines along with lathes. Lathes are built with Absolute Position Encoder which helps you to come back to the production during power loss or any problems.
- Haas – Haas machines are great with price, customer relations, longevity, repeatability, rigidity, and productivity. This is the leading producer of machine tools in western countries. It occupies a gold standard when it comes to CNC lathes. Haas is very durable and as a result, a used Haas gives good mileage.
- Starrag – It is a global name when it comes to the production of superior quality machine tools intended for milling, turning, and building several workpieces composed of materials of metal and ceramic. It manufactures one of the world’s advanced machine tools. Starrag group comes with top-notch technical and maintenance service that increases both production as well as quality. It has a huge network of sales and distribution in most of the countries and is listed under the SIX Swiss Exchange.
The best CNC machine brand should be able to meet the needs and demands of your shop. What is the Demand? Demand is your purchase budget, purchase area, machine specifications, machine performance, machine tool accuracy, etc. The machine tools that can meet the above requirements is your best CNC machine brand. If you’re interested in buying a CNC machine under the any of the brands listed above, please look through our inventory of used CNC Machines or contact us today and we’ll guarantee that we can help you find the right machine that’s perfect for your application.